StatCounter

Friday, July 2, 2010

Fourth of July

Just a very quick post wishing everyone back home a happy 4th of July weekend.

It's been well-documented that America's Independence Day is my favorite day of the year. I love the fireworks, I love Ben Safran flipping burgers across the patio, I love the warm keg beer, but mostly I love hosting all my friends, in my backyard by the pool, having a great day.

I'm sad to say that tradition takes a hiatus this year. While there is a big, American 4th of July party here, I'm certain it won't be the same.

Perhaps the only person who is happy that I'm in Uganda for the 4th is my mother. Mom, you're off the hook... no big parties at the house this year. Oh, and that crazy German neighbor that hates me. If you've been to one of the parties, you know who I'm talking about.

To everyone back in the states, have a safe and happy 4th. Sorry I won't be there to celebrate with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment